Vinyl Tattoo




The original prompt was to create a tattoo that you may or may not have one day. I started to think about tattoos that I would like to have relating to my background as a Native American. 







I then started thinking about The Fallen Warrior and then about the seven clans of the Cherokee tribes. I decided to sketch out the ideas as totems poles and incorporate those tribal design totems pole into the silhouette of the fallen warrior.






From there I was able to take the seven clans totem pole that I created and set them inside the warriors frame. I tested many different variations as shown below. I wanted to see if it would be too busy for the viewer or the right amount.




I ended with a vinyl design that I was able to then save and create a vinyl. I realized that many of the lines were too small and create difficulty when trying to separate the what I was wanting to keep and the parts you pull out to show the vinyl. I also realized that the small lines created a problem when cutting the vinyl with the vinyl cutter because it would peel. It made me realize that for the size we were cutting it was troublesome yet if the design was bigger it would be easier to cut and also easier to see all of the details.






Comments