Chess Set



The concept was simple, Create a Chess set where each piece is represented and understood but and idea where it is not a normal chess set.


My chess sets show the deterioration of two chess sets while two sets are perfectly normally. I wanted the chess pieces to be seen as pieces but almost as if they could tell a story of a life time if they were people. I wanted to show how things can go from good to bad real fast as well and the differnce between my chess set and original chess sets. I felt keeping the original style but altering it to fit my liking gave it some of my style and still kept to the authnetic style of a chess set.




I also decided to make the board, and rooms they are in, different by giving it two different sides one nice and clean and the other falling apart as well. I felt that would help relate the pieces to their surroundings along with giving the pieces a home.


I feel that I could have done more with the board if I had more time to work on things but based on the way thongs were going I was running low on the amount of time I had to create the board after finishing the board. the knight was probably the hardest to create but once I figure out how I was going to make the head, it was a lot easier then before, and now it would be easier to create them a second time around.




I believe that the pieces were well designed, and based on their design, they were easy to print on a 3d printer because everything was the right thickness and I took the time planning them before even creating the piece that way when creating them the hard work was already finished.





















Comments