ShapeWays Ring

So for this project I was given the ability to create a ring design based on architecture design.




Honestly this was a project where we had full control over the dimension, ratio and design. We had to relate it to architecture but honestly tat was pretty easy.



I started the ring with a basic outline of the shape that I wanted it to be in a 2d flat drawing. I got my imspiration from Wim De Voye, who creates massive design that are laser cut and put together to create object like bull dozers and vehicles and such but in actual size.



I decided to take an approach of messing with geometric design and seeing how I could fom the to extrude off of the design and also cut out other parts of the ring.


Once I was happy with the design I began rendering the design and adding textures  to the ring to create a sense of ability to pick the ring up.

I name the ring design Imperial Ring because when I look at it I feel it is a ring people of high standard would be wearing. it has a heavy thick design but also has very fine delicate designs extruding from it.


Comments